Does the world really need another Pilates book? I think yes, as long as it is something different and unique!
My Pilates Mentor will be the Pilates Book that I hope you have always been waiting for. It will contain the opinions of thousands of Pilates Teachers from all over the world, all asked the same set of questions, so you can get the best possible advice in the shortest possible time. My Pilates Mentor will include the opinions from teachers of all the different Schools of Pilates. After all, we all love Pilates and we want to share our experiences.
For over two years, I have been planning and working on this project, My Pilates Mentor. First things first, it is important to me that you know that I am not writing this book because I think I am better than you. In fact, I am writing it because I know I am not. I know that there are thousands of amazing ideas out there that I will never think of, and I decided that it was time to ask the family of Pilates teachers to come together to create a book that will serve as not only a great reference book for teachers and all lovers of Pilates, but it will also make them smile and realise that the wonderful Pilates community is like no other.
Any book takes a lot of time, sweat and tears to produce. You don’t write books to make money; there are much easier ways that take a lot less time and sleepless nights. This is more a labour of love, so I hope that you feel that on every page. And please remember that 50% of any profits from this book will go to the Pilates Carnival Charity Partners and to Save the Children.
I have been planning and working on this project for more than two years, and I am still in the process of receiving information from Pilates teachers, so if you are a teacher and you want to be included in this amazing project, then please CLICK HERE.
What this book aims to be:
• A resource for Pilates teachers and all people who love Pilates to quickly understand the opinions of thousands of Pilates teachers and to gain their years of experience on a number of topics in a few hours of reading.
• An interesting and fun expose on the world of Pilates teaching.
• Focused on both mat and machine Pilates to make sure that we can appeal to everyone who loves Pilates as much as we do.
Just to be clear as to what this book is not:
• It is not an anatomical guide – there are already many wonderful books dedicated to the anatomy of Pilates.
• It is not judging one of the many Pilates schools over another, so there will be no mention of any schools in this book other than under each teacher’s qualification details if they chose to have their name mentioned.
• It is not a technical guide as to how to do exercises, again there are plenty of those about.
So why might you decide to join this community project by contributing?
• You will be contributing to the Pilates community.
• You will be helping to introduce people to Pilates.
• You will be raising the profile of Pilates
• If I use one of your answers or a quote from you in the book (I will always seek your permission first), then I will give you a name credit within the book.
• At the end of the book, there will also be a list of all of the contributors who want their details published.
• You will be helping to create a geographic study of different trends and opinions.
• I will pay 50 percent of any profits to Pilates Carnival Charity Partners and to www.savethechildren.org.
My Pilates Mentor was and remains a massive task, but as soon as it is finished you can be the first to know be registering your interest. You can register your interest now and be one of the first people to get the e-book by contacting us.
Thank you for all your support! As ever, if you want to contact me then please leave a comment and I promise to reply.